These flowers have been all over the internet, but if you are like me you haven’t gotten around to making one yet. I finally decided to give it a try because I knew it would be so cute in my daughter’s hair.
Here is how I did it:
hot glue gun
1. Begin by cutting out a lot of tulle circles. (I think I ended up with about 40-50. I didn’t really count though.) Also cut out two felt circles. The circles don’t need to be perfect.
2. Fold tulle circle in half and then half again and then hot glue it to the middle of one of the felt circles.
3. Repeat the folding and glueing circling away from the first piece you glued on.
It should look like this as you go:
4. Glue completed flower to headband and then glue the second piece of felt on top to secure it in place.
That is it! I love the way it looks on Lillie. We will just have to see if she will keep it on or rip it off her head.
Here are a couple of things to keep in mind while making your very own flower.
1. The bigger the felt circle, the bigger the flower and the more tulle you will need to cut out.
2. Hot glue burns fingers. To avoid getting burned, use a wooden skewer or dowel to hold the circle in place while the glue dries. Trust me, you will want to follow this one 🙂
3. You can use any size headband. I chose to use a thicker one, but I have seen the flowers on the skinny elastic bands as well. It is personal preference.
*FYI- I got my headbands at good old Walmart