Quantcast
My Craft Room {2} - Just Between Friends

My Craft Room {2}

Pinterest Facebook Twitter Stumbleupon Email

I think it is a necessity for every woman to have a place that she can call her own.  Some may claim the kitchen table, some are in a closet.  I am fortunate to have an entire room that I call my very own.  Welcome to my craft room.

This is something that I have been working on for a VERY long time.  I am talking two and a half years.  This isn’t something that just happened overnight.  Bit by bit and piece by piece I have made this a place that I love to use to create and inspire.

I think the most common misconception about decorating is that it has to be expensive.  It doesn’t have to be.  Let me show you where I saved my money.

I found all of these things at my local thrift store (the DI) and for very affordable prices as you can see.  The table was my splurge, but at $40, I felt that it was a great find.  The table is counter height and is about 4 1/2 feet square.  It is my main creating surface.  I already told you about my bookcase, but in case you need a refresher, you can click over and take a look at it again.  The chair, I love it.  I do a lot of up and down while doing projects, and it is nice to have something that is pretty much the perfect height for me to lean on or sit on whichever I decide to do.  The vintage patterns were something that I knew I wanted, but didn’t have any idea where I would get them.  One day while I was at the thrift store, I happened to see a very large pile of them.  I went through and chose my favorites, and at .25 a piece, I knew I couldn’t lose.  I really love the way they look displayed on my peg board.

Do you want to see where I started?  This is what the room looked like when the previous owners lived here.  (Yes, I was the crazy lady that went through and took pictures of every single room when we were walking through because I wanted to show everyone the house we were looking at.)  I am only showing you Craft Area “a” and will save the other half of the room for another day.

Big difference, huh.  Just you wait until you see the rest of the room. :)  Just so that you can assimilate yourself, the door would be to the right of this photo.  The table is the first thing that you see when you walk into the room.

There are a ton of little details that I love, but let’s start with my jars from IKEA.  I love the way my loose ribbons look folded up inside of the jars.  It is a great way to keep them organized and still be able to see what I have.

I also love the way I have my scissors and tools hung up.  I bought the holder at Home Depot when I bought the peg board (which I spray painted yellow and am SO glad because I love the cheery color and the way it brightens the room.)

I have a love of bakers twine.  I bought mine from Pick Your Plum when they had it as the deal for the day.  If they ever have it for sale, buy it from them because it really is the best value for your money.  The pink basket is one that I got from Target in the dollar section a while ago.  It holds all of my washi tape (I told you I love it.) and some assorted pretty spools of thread.

One of my very favorite things EVER is my shelf.  I found this awesomeness at Robert’s Craft when they were going out of business.  I snatched up 5 of them.  No really.  Do you want to see what my sister did with one of them?  You really should go look at her nursery that my mom did for her.  You can find it over on my mom’s blog (that she doesn’t actually write….we (my sister’s and I) just thought that everyone should be able to see the awesome projects that my mom does.)  Anyway, when I got it, it was a really gross green color.  I painted it this awesome sea foam color and put some vinyl on it.  In the end, I really really really love it.

So? What do you think?  Would you like to come craft with me?  I am always looking for people to do projects with me :)
If you have any questions about anything, let me know.  I am happy to answer them for you!
Pinterest Facebook Twitter Stumbleupon Email

38 Responses to My Craft Room {2}

1. Amy at Ameroonie Designs October 26, 2012 at 1:55 pm #

I have to laugh because I recognize some of those patterns as ones I donated to the DI. :) They are at least very similar. My mother-in-law gave me a bunch of them and the ones I was never going to use ended up being donated. LOL. The room is amazing Jonie. I wish mine were half as organized. I really need to get rid of some of my stuff. ;)
    xoxo

2. collette October 26, 2012 at 2:23 pm #

Love it! I’m dying to get my craft room done/organized. I’m hoping to have it somewhat done by Thanksgiving. Thanks for the ideas. :)

3. Nancy at maddalee™ October 26, 2012 at 2:34 pm #

Very fun room, thank you for sharing all your great design and hard work!

Have a good day, Nancy

4. Jesseca October 26, 2012 at 3:28 pm #

Those colors are so perfect! I’m pinning this for sure!

5. Leanne October 26, 2012 at 3:30 pm #

I love, love, love your craft room and can’t wait to see the rest of it. i just want to come over and craft with you now. Too bad I don’t live closer. I really love the colors you chose and you found some great deals.

6. Lindsay @Artsy-Fartsy Mama October 26, 2012 at 3:53 pm #

Jonie, your craft room looks amazing!!! I love it!! So jealous :)

7. Gwen @ Gwenny Penny October 26, 2012 at 6:16 pm #

Gorgeous space, Jonie! I love that stool (seriously drooling over here :) Great use of color, especially the yellow peg board. Can’t wait to see the rest of the room!

8. Candice October 26, 2012 at 6:22 pm #

I literally gasped when I saw the first photo of this room. It is AMAZING!! Love it so much. pinned!

9. Staci October 26, 2012 at 10:36 pm #

I LOVE your space. The colors are perfect and I LOVE your shelf! I think I need one too!!! I’ll come craft with you anytime.

10. Dawn October 27, 2012 at 5:39 am #

LOVE IT!! Just the inspiration I needed to get organized!

11. sue morris October 28, 2012 at 10:45 pm #

Wow…how nice! Clean, simple and has just the right amount of crafting supplies with a nice vintage touch. :) Thank you for sharing!

12. Kristin October 29, 2012 at 1:37 pm #

Love your yellow peg board =) Very pretty!

13. Lindsey @ Better After October 31, 2012 at 12:19 am #

I LOVE these colors! It’s so warm and clean, just perfect!

14. Mary Perez October 31, 2012 at 1:21 am #

Rock on!

15. littlecherokee November 7, 2012 at 1:18 am #

love your craft room! my hubby brings me home chairs, tables, bookshelfs, and all kinds of great finds..he is such a dear. i just wish my craft / art room was as neat and clean as yours! right now i am building a dollhouse and funiture for my granddaughter. i also enjoy painting. i give my art away and never have tried to sell it..i just like making other people smile!

16. Michelle Sparrow January 3, 2013 at 6:57 pm #

Love this room! What colour is the yellow you used for the peg board? I have been looking for a colour to spray paint my peg board and that would be prefect!

17. Fran April 7, 2013 at 8:32 pm #

Hi Jonie, lovely craft room. I wanted to ask in the photo there is a piece of artwork with a hot air ballon. The writing says “life is a daring adventure …” would you be able to tell me where you got it from please? I was trying to make out the name and looked up a Helen Keller but couldn’t see it on her site.

Thanks and regards

Fran

• Jonie @ Just Between Friends April 10, 2013 at 1:01 pm #

Fran,
      Thank you! I am so glad you like my craft room.
      The printable was a gift that I got last year when I went to the SNAP conference for bloggers. I don’t know if it is available, but if it is, you will find it here http://rhonnadesigns.com/printables

Good luck and thanks for reading my blog!

18. Kelly@ Here Comes the Sun April 8, 2013 at 8:33 pm #

So pretty! I dream of the day when I get a craft room! I love your decorating style and the colors that you have used. Can’t wait to see you at SNAP!

19. Sue @ Ginger and May May 9, 2013 at 4:08 pm #

Just found this via Pinterest (did you know you’ve got 297 repins on one of these images now?!) and have fallen for that lovely box shelf you were lucky enough to find. I’ve popped it on our Facebook page (www.facebook.com/gingerandmay if you wanted to take a peek) with a link back as it’s a great storage idea for kids craft bits and bobs too. Would it also be alright to use it in a blog post? Thanks, Sue

20. Angela @ CreativeBlossoming.com May 19, 2013 at 3:47 pm #

Good evening!

I featured your craft makeover in my blog series, Get Your Color On: Yellows. My series highlights DIY projects from other bloggers, decorating tips, and decor picks.

I love the yellow painted pegboard! And the vintage patterns and other pastels in the room all complement each other so nicely. Great job!

Thanks for sharing your creativity and feel free to post a Get Your Color On! button!

Angela Conley
    Creative Blossoming

21. Lucky Red Hen May 20, 2013 at 1:01 pm #

This post is very inspiring! My craft area doubles as our office so I’m having an internal battle of how/where to put everything. You’ve given me some ideas: 1) I need better lighting over my craft area and the clip-on light isn’t enough so I want to string up a pendant like you did, 2) we have open shelving (they’re supposed to be bookshelves and for pretty stuff, but I have too many non-pretty things that need to be stored) so I think I’ll add hinged peg board as doors and store craft tools on the fronts (wonder how much weight it can bear – this might not work out after all), and 3) a stool for seating because my armed chair is kind of a pain to pull in/out when I need it.

22. Lucky Red Hen May 20, 2013 at 1:01 pm #

Oh, and I’d totally come craft with you!!!

23. Jordan June 28, 2013 at 10:43 pm #

Hey! Im 14 and am a bit of a sucker for a good craft which is why I love your blog. I love how your craft room is decorated and organized. I do actually have a craft area that I have been trying to organize! Where did you get the metal (it looks like it may be magnetic) box or basket of some sort sitting on the bookcase? I really admire you as a blogger and want to blog when I get a bit older! Any tips? :) thank you and please keep posting! I am a devoted reader!

• Jonie @ Just Between Friends July 5, 2013 at 11:33 am #

You are so sweet! I wish you the best in your future blogging. My tip for you is to find a great blog name now and make sure that the URL matches it. It seems like the good names are gone very quickly.

As far as the metal bucket goes, I wish I could be more help, but I actually got it from a company that was going out of business. They had used it to store some of their products in. If I ever come across one again, I will be sure to let you know :)

Thanks for stopping by!

24. Michelle at Faith, Trust, & Pixie Dust August 24, 2013 at 10:47 am #

Hi Jonie, What a wonderful room. I’m jealous that you have a space set aside just for creating! Everything looks so beautiful & organized. I’m popping by to say hello because I’m one of the bloggers participating in the Design Dazzle par-tay & I wanted to get to know you a little. Looking forward to meeting you in person!

Warmly, Michelle

25. Jenna October 11, 2013 at 1:17 pm #

Hi just stumbled up your blog from Pinterest. I’d actually like to paint the peg board in my kitchen this sea foam green. Can u tell me the brand and where you got it? Thanks!!

Jenna. Thedaileys1204@yahoo.com

26. Cami January 22, 2014 at 7:08 pm #

Your craft area is so pretty! I especially like the turquoise/blue color. I thought you might want to know that I posted a picture of your craft room along with some other pictures from pinterest on my blog. (with credit to you of course)

• Jonie @ Just Between Friends January 30, 2014 at 9:32 am #

Thank you! That is so sweet of you to say, plus thanks for featuring my room on your site.

27. Kate Swanson April 12, 2014 at 7:27 pm #

Love this craft room! I always find myself coming back to peek. I was wondering if that’s a bright blue craft mat in the middle of your table? And if so, what brand it is? I’ve spent countless hours searching for one similar to match my craft room. Thank you for sharing your inspirational space!

• Jonie @ Just Between Friends April 13, 2014 at 8:08 am #

Thank you! It is a cutting mat from American Crafts. I picked it up at one of their warehouse sales a couple of years ago and love it. Good luck!

28. Laura September 7, 2014 at 7:48 pm #

I love your Craftroom. I especially love the Shelf and Peg Board. I am just beginning to get into doing crafts and my husband will be getting my space put together for me soon (We bought this home in another state and moved her one year ago) I have MS, and looking for some craft ideas that would be fun, somewhat easy for me to do. I really am interested in scrapbooking and Vintage items like buttons, material, Ribbon ect. I am working on making a Pennant right now.

29. Dana November 6, 2014 at 9:16 am #

I LOVE the cubbie shelf too! My craft tools are well organized in containers in my counter height craft table but sometimes I wish some of the tools I use often (especially punches) were more accessible. I saw a cubbie shelf similar to this at Kirklands so I may try it out. Love your room and thanks for the inspiration :-)

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. 20 Inspiring Pegboard Creative Spaces! -- Tatertots and Jello - April 1, 2013

[…] Craft Room Organization @ Just Between Friends […]

2. Get Your Color On! Yellows | Creative Blossoming - May 19, 2013

[…] is a great color for sparking creativity, which is why I love that Jonie of Just Between Friends painted her pegboard with it in her craft room makeover. Also note how this creamy shade of yellow plays well with the other pastels in her […]

3. Craftaholics Anonymous® | Small Craft Room Storage Ideas - March 5, 2014

[…] Image from Just Between Friends […]

4. DIY Chore Chart {Hello Summer} I Heart Nap Time | I Heart Nap Time - Easy recipes, DIY crafts, Homemaking - July 17, 2014

[…] My Craft Room | DIY leggings from knee high socks | Balloon Art Tutorial | Fancy Flowers Tutorial […]

5. Painted Mason Jar Tutorial - Bakerette - July 31, 2014

[…] My Craft Room  |   DIY leggings from knee high socks  |  Balloon Art Tutorial  |  Fancy Flowers Tutorial […]