Has anyone been looking for the perfect dessert to serve at a Christmas dinner?
Today I’m posting with YOU in mind. I’ve got a special dessert for you today, a chocolate cake that will put all other chocolate cakes to shame.
a Triple Chocolate Mousse Cake.
Put together the way a chocolate cake was meant to be. Topped with rich ganache, two different types of chocolate mousse, and sprinkled with glossy pomegranate seeds.
I piped swirls of white chocolate mousse around the top, and studded it with the pomegranate seeds to give it sort of a wreath-like, subtly festive look.
Below I’m sharing my absolute favorite, fail-proof chocolate mousse recipe, which goes in the middle of this cake. For the full cake recipe, along with assembly instructions, head over to my site thekitchenmccabe.com!
Thanks, Jonie, for letting me share one of my all time favorite desserts here!
- 2 cups Heavy Cream
- 4 Egg Yolks
- 3 T. Sugar
- pinch of Salt
- 1 t. Vanilla Extract
- 7 oz. Semi-sweet Chocolate chips
- Heat 3/4 cup of cream in the microwave until hot. In a smaller bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, sugar and salt until well combined. Slowly pour the hot cream into the egg mixture, whisking constantly until well blended. Transfer the mixture to a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens into a custard. Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips and stir until smooth.
- Pour the custard through a small sieve into the melted chocolate chips. Stir the custard and chocolate until well blended and smooth. Let cool.
- Whip the remaining 1 1/4 cups of heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Add 1/4 of the whipped cream to the chocolate custard and whisk in well to lighten the mixture. Add the remaining whipped cream to the lightened custard and very carefully fold in until the mixture is well combined.
****Doesn’t this just look amazing?! Seriously! I just can’t get over Kayley’s talents! For more recipe ideas, be sure to go check out her blog, The Kitchen McCabe as well as follow her over on Facebook. Her photos will knock your socks off!