One thing that my husband is REALLY good at, is taking me to incredibly romantic restaurants. On a day to day basis, he has a hard time being romantic because he is a goof ball, but when he wants to wow me, he REALLY wows me. He definitely knows how to plan a romantic evening. I thought that you might be interested in me sharing my opinion of the most romantic Valentines Day dinner places in Utah based on our experiences. I am going to share with you my top three choices based on price.
These are the most expensive, but have the biggest wow factor.
1. The Tree Room: My husband took me to this restaurant for our wedding anniversary one year and it knocked our socks off! The food is brought out to you in courses and each step has a new flavor surprise. We were there for two hours but hardly noticed it. The atmosphere was cozy and romantic and the food delicious. I highly recommend going here!
2. The Roof: One weekend out of the blue, my husband planned a surprise overnight getaway for the two of us. Life had been really busy and we hadn’t been able to really spend time together. That weekend will forever go down as one of my favorite ever. The Roof has an incredible view and a delicious buffet that you are sure to find something you love to eat. I highly recommend the Chicken Cordon Bleu! Plus their dessert bar is amazing. My husband reserved the best seat in the house with the very best view and had roses waiting at our table when we got there. (See? I picked a winner! <3 )
3. La Caille: We went to La Caille for my birthday. I have a little bit of a mixed review for this one. It is incredibly romantic and the atmosphere is beautiful. They really have spared no expense when it comes to the grounds up keep. The only thing is that we had no idea what we were ordering. The entire menu is in French so it is a little bit hit and miss. We had to ask the waiter what everything was. I still ended up with caviar, which….ugh, ya right. That is not my style. In the end, we decided that we weren’t fancy people and that it wasn’t delicious enough for us to go back there again because of how expensive it was.
Here are some other places that we love that are much less spendy and less fancy, but still delicious and romantic.
1. Macaroni Grill: When we were first married and wanted to go somewhere that had a great atmosphere that was a little more fancy then our normal but still within a budget, we would go to Macaroni Grill. The food is delicious, and it can be very romantic as well. Plus, who can go wrong with Italian lessons in the bathroom. 🙂 (If you’ve never been there, you should go just to experience it.)
2. The Cheesecake Factory: You can never go wrong with cheesecake. Seriously. They have so many amazing flavors and the prices. It can get a little loud in the restaurant, but still a fun atmosphere.
3. Home Sweet Home: My husband and I started dating in January 8 years ago. Of course that meant that we each had a Valentine that year. John wanted to surprise me and told me that he would take care of dinner. That was the very first (and actually the last) dinner that John ever made for me. He went all out and pulled out all the stops with rolls, chicken, rice and everything. He didn’t have a kitchen table at his apartment, so we sat at the coffee table and ate. He had a sweet love letter waiting for me by my plate and served my food to me. It was one of the most romantic dinners we have ever shared. There wasn’t anything really that fancy about it, but it was still very romantic! Here is a snapshot straight from the scrapbook including a little snippet of my love letter.
I hope that you have some ideas of places that you should try out this year for Valentines Day, or really any occasion that calls for a romantic evening. If you start hinting now to your husband, he might just surprise you with a night that you won’t forget. 🙂