I get asked all of the time about my Cricut Explore as well as my Silhouette machine and which one I prefer. I like them both for different reasons, but with the Circut Explore machine being released this year, I wanted to really try it out and haven’t used my Silhouette even once since I got the Explore. The thing is, I haven’t missed the Silhouette at all! I am so impressed with the Explore and thought you might like my top 10 reasons why I like it. If you want to see an official Silhouette vs Cricut test, this post is so informative and really put the two machines to the test.
Since it is Black Friday, if you want a great deal on a Cricut machine, today is the day to get it! It is the perfect Christmas gift! Check out this amazing bundle. It has everything you need to get started crafting! Just use these codes to get the price as well as FREE SHIPPING
If you need some extra reasons why you need a Cricut Explore, here are 10 reasons I love using my machine.
10. Wireless/bluetooth: This is a new feature for the Cricut Explore. You can put the Design Space app on your ipad and wirelessly connect to your Explore machine! You can be sitting in front of the tv working on projects and have your machine cutting things out in the other room just by clicking GO! So cool!
9. Tool storage: The machine has built in tool storage. Need I say more?! I love that I can store the tools I use the most in the machine. Talk about convenience!
8. Print & Cut Feature: This is a new feature for the Cricut that I am so excited about. Especially with the release of their new FROZEN images!!! YES! You can have a Frozen party ready in no time complete with cupcake toppers, decorations, coloring pages, party favors, and even a shirt for the birthday girl or boy just by using the print and cut. This is going to be life changing!
7. Quiet: The old machine was SO loud. The team at Cricut knew that so many crafters are using their machines during nap time or during the night when people are sleeping and so they wanted to make a machine that was quiet enough that it could be used without disturbing anyone. They were totally successful! The Explore is so quiet when cutting!
6. Importing images: This is one of my favorite features of the new machine. You can import ANY image and cut it on your machine! Seriously! The Design Space software has an easy to use tool that makes it so you can remove any part of the image that you don’t want to have cut and then you can cut it! You can use all jpgs, svgs, and pngs for FREE!!
5. The blade: The blade is a German carbide blade that will last through SO many projects! The fact that it can cut so many different types of materials and stay sharp is amazing!
4. Precise cuts: The blade I just mentioned makes the most precise cuts ever! It can cut even the smallest of shapes and have them all be perfect! Remember the vinyl nail art decals I made? They were itty bitty and they weren’t a problem for the blade to cut.
3. Ease of use: Pretty much every time I use this machine, my five year old is the one that pushes the buttons for me to get things going. Seriously. It is easy enough that she is able to use it! Once you have your project ready to go and sized the way you like it, you click GO on your screen and it will place your project on mats so that you know how many it will take to complete your project. Do you want to make more than one of the same thing? No problem! Just change the quantity to the amount you want and it will fit it on the mat for you! When you are ready to go, put your mat with the material you want into the machine. The buttons you need to push will blink. Push them and the machine does all the work for you! It is just so easy!
2. Make it now projects: When I was originally introduced to the Explore and they were telling us about Design Space and how it works, they explained that they wanted to take the idea of pinterest and the thought of “I wish I could make that” and turn it into “I like that and I am going to make it now!” The make it now projects are incredible. They tell you exactly the materials that you need, and give you full instructions for how to complete it. If you have ever thought, “I wish I could make that” they really take the guesswork out for you and make it as simple as possible. They are constantly adding new projects to make and they are all amazing!
1. The materials it can cut: This is the number one reason I love my Cricut Explore machine! I love that it can cut so many different types of materials, including the standard stuff like paper and vinyl, but also that it can cut new stuff like balsa wood and even aluminum!!! It makes it so that this machine has gone from just a tool that I use to embellish a project, to a tool that makes the entire project from start to finish!
If you have any questions about either machine, I am happy to answer them. Just comment below and I will try to answer them as quickly as possible. Have fun crafting with your new favorite machine!